All talks are illustrated and general last for 45 minutes to one hour.
Contact : Jackie Depelle email@example.com 07985 606993 0113 236 0253
Topics : 1 to 13 are ideal for any audience
14 to 25 are particularly suitable for family & local history interests
- Upstairs Downstairs – From humble beginnings to the American dream
- Crowning Glory – Celebrate Chimney Pots and Stacks
- Weathervanes – What’s blowing in the wind?
- The Fulneck Moravian Settlement, Pudsey, nr Leeds – Brief history & pictorial tour
- Twixt Leeds and Bradford – Past and Present in the Green Belt Corridor
- Remnants of a lost life - A brief encounter with life and The First World War
- To prove I’m not forgotten – Visiting WWI Battlefields and Cemeteries
- Chasing Million Eyres - Following the trail Leeds to Siberia
- Discovering Family History – What’s it all about?
- Bermuda, Berlin and Brill; two wars, two wives - the Stage is set
- Riding along on the crest of a wave – Hull, Hampshire and Cornish cream teas!
- Pride of Place – Rooftops, Tiles, Terracotta and Thatch
- A Grand Day out – some historic homes and their stories
- Which website and why? Plus and minus - look the same sources on different sites
- Family History – Sources before 1837
- Bridging the gap – Tracing forwards from the 1911 census
- Wills for Family History – With so many online indexes, there’s no excuse – check!
- Writing Your Family History – Moving on from record sheets and charts
- Reading the Original – Hints and Tips for deciphering old documents
- From Cradle to Grave – A lifetime of sources, how many have you discovered?
- Discovering Manorial records – working back from 1926 to 1089!
- 19thCentury Boom and Bust – Exploring business and family fortunes
- Ideas for researching Non-Conformist ancestors
- The 1911 and other census – What’s the difference?
- Family Historian – Award winning British genealogy software programme
Duration: - Generally 45 minutes to one hour
Fee : - £40 + travel depending on distance
Availability: - Almost anytime depending on adult education teaching commitments
Requests: - All talks are illustrated – blackout or darkened room preferable
Screen, Projector stand and extension cable if possible please
Tailor-made Family History workshops and day schools available, please contact Jackie for further details.