Family and Local History - Love It, Learn It
Talks generally last for 45 minutes. All equipment can be provided.
Topics 1 to 12 are ideal for any audience; 13 to 16 are adaptable to either general audiences or family history groups; 17 to 28 are particularly suitable for groups with family or local history interests.
13. “The Tutor’s story” Teaching Family History – A whole new world
14. Discover your Family History – Find out how, the theory is easy!
15. Talking Family History - What’s it all about? 20/30 minutes (not illustrated)
16. 19th Century Boom and Bust – Exploring business and family fortunes
17. Reading the Original – Hints and Tips for deciphering old documents
18. Wander the web – Top Ten free family history websites
19. Family History – Sources before 1837
20. Tracing your Yorkshire Ancestors – Specialist sources for God’s Own County
21. Writing Your Family History – Moving on from record sheets and charts, made it readable!
22. From Cradle to Grave - a lifetime of sources
23. In a dream world – Ideas to organise your Family Research
24. Ideas for researching Non-Conformist ancestors
25. The 1911 and other census – What’s the difference?
26. Family Historian – Highly regarded British genealogy software programme
27. Family History Holidays – Visit Archives, Libraries, Museums, the Seaside and more …
28. Filling the gap - Tracing forwards from the 1911 census
Please ask about tailor-made workshops.
Duration: Generally 45 minutes to one hour
Fee : £35 + travel contribution depending on distance
Availability: Almost anytime depending on adult education teaching commitments
Requests: For illustrated talks – blackout or darkened room preferable
Screen, Projector stand and extension cable if possible please
For enquiries and bookings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07985 606993