In view of the Coronavirus these talks will now only be available online, preferably via Zoom which we are able to support organisations with. Please enquire if you would like to explore this option. All talks are illustrated and generally last for 45 minutes to one hour, a break can be incorporated.
Contact : Jackie Depelle firstname.lastname@example.org 07985 606993 0113 236 0253
Topics : 1 to 14 are ideal for any audience
14 to 25 are focused towards family & local history research interests
- Upstairs Downstairs – From humble beginnings to the American dream
- Crowning Glory – Celebrate Chimney Pots and Stacks
- Weathervanes – What’s blowing in the wind?
- The Fulneck Moravian Settlement, Pudsey, nr Leeds – Brief history & pictorial tour
- Twixt Leeds and Bradford – Past and Present in the Green Belt Corridor
- Remnants of a lost life - A brief encounter with life and The First World War
- To prove I’m not forgotten – Visiting WWI Battlefields and Cemeteries
- Chasing Million Eyres - Following the trail Leeds to Siberia
- Discovering Family History – What’s it all about?
- Bermuda, Berlin and Brill; two wars, two wives - the Stage is set
- Riding along on the crest of a wave – Hull, Hampshire and Cornish cream teas!
- A Grand Day out – some historic homes and their stories
- Yorkshire – birthplace for businesses
- Our House and Its Contents – including sources for house history
- Digging into ... the Census - do you use them to the full?
- Females in the family – Ladies, Ships, Locomotives and more
- Which website and why? What difference does it make?
- Family History – Sources before 1837
- Bridging the gap – Tracing forwards from the 1911 census
- Wills for Family History – With so many online indexes, there’s no excuse – check!
- Writing Your Family History – Moving on from record sheets and charts
- Reading the Original – Hints and Tips for deciphering old documents
- From Cradle to Grave – A lifetime of sources, how many have you explored?
- Discovering Manorial records – working back from 1926 to 1089!
- 19thCentury Boom and Bust – Exploring business and family fortunes
- Ideas for researching Non-Conformist ancestors
- Researching Yorkshire Ancestors online
- Family Historian – Award winning British genealogy software programme
Duration : - Generally 45 minutes to one hour
Fee : - £45 talks 1-14, £50 talks 15 - 27 all for 2020 online delivery
Availability: - Almost anytime depending on adult education teaching
Resources - A handout will be included with some Family History talk
Tailor-made Family History workshops available