Family and Local History - Love It, Learn It
All talks are illustrated and general last for 45 minutes to one hour.
Contact : Jackie Depelle firstname.lastname@example.org 07985 606993 0113 236 0253
Topics : 1 to 12 are ideal for any audience
13 to 24 are particularly suitable for family & local history interests
13. DNA and me – tentative steps
14. Family History – Sources before 1837
15. Bridging the gap – Tracing forwards from the 1911 census
16. Wills for Family History – With so many online indexes, there’s no excuse – check!
17. Writing Your Family History – Moving on from record sheets and charts
18. Reading the Original – Hints and Tips for deciphering old documents
19. From Cradle to Grave – A lifetime of sources, how many have you discovered?
20. Discovering Manorial records – working back from 1926 to 1089!
21. 19th Century Boom and Bust – Exploring business and family fortunes
22. Ideas for researching Non-Conformist ancestors
23. The 1911 and other census – What’s the difference?
24. Family Historian – Award winning British genealogy software programme
Duration: - Generally 45 minutes to one hour
Fee : - £40 + travel depending on distance
Availability: - Almost anytime depending on adult education teaching commitments
Requests: - All are illustrated talks – blackout or darkened room preferable
Screen, Projector stand and extension cable if possible please
Tailor-made Family History workshops and day schools available, please contact Jackie for further details.