Family and Local History - Love It, Learn It
Talks generally last for 45 minutes. All equipment can be provided.
Bespoke genealogy workshops available. Please ask:
Talk presentations are adapted to suit audiences. Please ask about tailor-made workshop:
10. The Best of Britain – cruising and circumnavigating the British Isles in wall to wall sunshine
11. “The Tutor’s story” Teaching Family History – A whole new world
12. An exceptional holiday – A mini-bus tour of WWI Battlefields and Cemeteries
13. Discover your Family History – Find out how, the theory is easy!
14. Reading the Original – Hints and Tips for deciphering old documents
15. 19th Century Boom and Bust – Exploring business and family fortunes
16. Wander the web – Top Ten free family history websites
17. Family History – Sources before 1837
18. Tracing your Yorkshire Ancestors online – Specialist websites for God’s Own Country
19. Writing Your Family History – Moving on from record sheets and charts, made it readable!
20. Great Grand Uncle John (1841-1923) – a life through source material
21. In a dream world – Ideas to organise your Family Research
22. Ideas for researching Non-Conformist ancestors
23. The 1911 and other census – What’s the difference?
24. Family Historian – Highly regarded British genealogy software programme
25. Family History Holidays – Visit Archives, Libraries, Museums, the Seaside and more …
26. Talking Family History - What’s it all about? 20/30 minutes (not illustrated)
27. Everyday care and conservation – Practical guidance for treasured items
Talk presentation is adapted to suit audiences. Please ask about tailor-made workshops.
Duration: Generally 45 minutes to one hour
Fee : £35 + travel contribution depending on distance
Availability: Almost anytime depending on adult education teaching commitments
Requests: For illustrated talks – blackout or darkened room preferable
Screen, Projector stand and extension cable if possible please